Do you need help in your divorce process?
Find out why it is essential to have the advice of a specialized lawyer!
The divorce process can be a challenging and uncertain time in a person’s life. Faced with the legal and emotional complexity involved in the dissolution of a marriage, it is crucial to have the support of a family law attorney. In this article, we will explore the different types of divorce, from contentious to uncontested, and outline the fundamental legal steps that individuals must follow during this process. In addition, we will highlight the importance of seeking the advice of an experienced family law attorney and how to achieve a fair outcome in your divorce.
The different types of divorce
– Contentious Divorce: Occurs when the parties cannot mutually agree on the terms of the divorce. It is resolved through the courts and with individual attorneys. Includes disputes over custody, property and support agreements. Can be lengthy and expensive, with decisions made by a judge.
– Mutual Agreement Divorce: Both parties agree to end the marriage and can agree on terms. They work together to resolve custody, property and alimony. Faster and less expensive than contentious divorce, avoiding trial by negotiation.
– De Facto Separation Divorce: Couples separated and independent for a set period of time according to the law. Some places require separation before filing for divorce. Temporary agreements on custody, support and use of property may be negotiated.
It is crucial to keep in mind that the legal requirements and consequences of each type of divorce may vary by jurisdiction. Therefore, having the advice of a specialized attorney is essential.
Legal steps in the divorce process
– Seek legal advice to make informed decisions.
– File the petition with the appropriate court with the help of your lawyer.
– Resolve custody and visitation considering the welfare of the children. If there is no agreement, the court decides.
– Equitably divide assets acquired during the marriage. Evaluate relevant financial information.
– Establishes alimony agreements for spouses and children, complying with applicable laws.
– Seek to resolve disputes through negotiation and mediation with your spouse and his or her attorneys.
– In case of disagreement, it may go to trial. The judge will make the final decision on the outstanding issues.
The importance of legal advice
Having a family law attorney on your side during the divorce process is essential to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive effective legal representation. Their experience and legal expertise will give you peace of mind knowing that you are making informed decisions and working toward a fair resolution at this crucial time in your life.
Protecting your rights
Protecting your child custody rights during divorce is crucial.
In addition, an attorney will assist you in protecting your marital property rights. During the divorce, issues such as the equitable division of property, homes, bank accounts, investments and other assets acquired during the marriage must be addressed. Your attorney will ensure a thorough evaluation of assets and represent you in negotiations to obtain a fair distribution.
Likewise, spousal support agreements are rights that must be protected. Whether it is spousal support or child support, your attorney will ensure that you have the right to a fair distribution of assets.
At Santana Ripoll & Assoc. we pride ourselves in providing quality legal services in family law cases, including divorce and related matters.
We are committed to providing strategic counsel, effective representation and a client-centered approach to help you navigate all stages of the process.
You can contact us through the following means:
Santana Ripoll & Assoc.
Address: Av. 27 de Febrero Bldg. #53, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.
Phone: +1 (809) 970-2353
Don’t underestimate the importance of having a family law attorney by your side during the divorce process, contact us today for an initial consultation and get the legal representation you deserve!
Virgilio Santana Ripoll