RIGHTS OF TAXPAYERS
Counterposing to the duties of taxpayers established in Law 11-92, the Directorate-General of Internal Taxes of the Dominican Republic (DGII), contemplates the inherent rights of these taxpayers, in order to provide an efficient and appropiate service to the same, always complying with the requirements of equality, proportionality and rationality that must govern the tax process.
These rights consist of:
- Receive a courteous and diligent treatment by the staff of the DGII.
- Obtain complete, accurate, clear and timely information on how to comply with tax obligations.
- Acquire timely information on actions carried out by the DGII of which the taxpayer is part of.
- Receive information about changes in legislation in a timely manner.
- Consult the DGII on specific cases related to the application of tax laws and regulations.
- Privacy and confidentiality of the information of each taxpayer.
- Request a reconsideration.
- Reporting non-compliance or fraud by another taxpayer
- Choose to be represented by a person of your choice.
- Know the information on the organizational performance and budget execution of the DGII.