REGISTRATION OF FOREIGN NON GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION
The Dominican state has considered non-profit institutions as relevant entities for the strengthening and development of a democratic and participatory civil society, due to its contributions in the execution of useful or fruitful objectives for the whole society.
For this reason, these institutions enjoy the benefit of a general exemption of all taxes, fees and special contributions, as long as they do not divert the exercise of their activities, with the purpose of generating profits.
For these purposes, Law 122-05 establishes that all associations that do not aim to obtain pecuniary benefits, established by the laws of any foreign nation, to establish themselves in the Dominican Republic the following process must be exhausted :
- Present an authentic copy in Spanish of the document by which the incorporation was granted and all the amendments that had been made up to the date of its presentation;
- b) Present a report signed by its president and secretary and endorsed by the board of directors that demonstrates:
- The name or title by which this association will be known by law;
- The place in the Dominican Republic where will have the main seat;
3.An inventory of the goods justly estimated.
- Active and passive accounts and if the payment of any of them is guaranteed, establish how and which property has been put as warranty;
- The names of its officers and the members of its board of directors and the term of the exercise thereof;
- List of activities and programs deployed abroad during the three (3) years prior to the request;
- c) An authentic document signed by the president and the secretary, stating that the association has consented to be able to be sued before the courts of the Dominican Republic. This document must indicate a representative who can be notified in case of a demand. Said representative must reside in the same place where the address of the association is located;
- d) The written and authentic consent of the person acting as representative;
- e) Description of their links or relationships with governments, foreign public institutions, international organizations, or non-profit private foreign institutions.
When the aforementioned requirements have been completed and the required documents have been presented to the General Attorney of the Republic or to the General Attorney of the Court of Appeal, it will issue a resolution authorizing the foreign association to operate in the Dominican Republic. For this case, the same publicity measures established in this law for the registration of incorporation of national associations must be complied with.